Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 7 - Back on Maui

We're back on Maui today. Nothing too exciting except doing a little shopping. The picture above is of a HUGE Banyan tree in a park in Maui. I think I heard someone say it's the largest in the world, but I'm not positive on that.

The amazing thing about this stop is that we are introduced to the Humpback Whale. It's mating season for them and everywhere you look in the Ocean you find their flapping tales and mist spewing from their blow holes. They were a bit too evasive for my camers lens, but we did get to see quite a few of them.

The bartender on our ship did introduce me to a new drink though. Instead of Long Island Ice Tea, this is a Hawaiian Island Ice Tea. It was such a work of art we just had to take a picture of it. Luckily I was within crawling distance from our cabin when this was served.

Ed is still sick so we're not doing too much today.

No comments: