Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 6 - Kaua'i


Until I visited this island I had always thought the most magical place on earth, or at least in my travels, had been the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. However, after careful consideration I have to move Kauai to the number one position.

This island is called the Garden Island and with good reason. Everywhere you look is lush beautiful green.

This morning Ed was off to play golf so I treated myself to the on ship spa for a facial. I can now say I've had one and don't really need to experience that again. $159 later and I still had the same face. I wish I would've gone with the message... probably would've been money better spent.

Today is the day we finally get our toes in some Hawaiian sand and take a dip in the Ocean. The water temperature isn't bath like, but it's still warmer than that pool on the ship. We have a wonderful relaxing time on the beach, get too much sun and both walk away with raccoon eyes from our sunglasses. This was just a perfect day other than somebody that brought their cell phone to the beach and was trying to talk to their baby on it. ("Hello Christian, hello Christian, I love you Christian, hello Christian, daddy loves you Christian, repeat about a hundred times and yes it will chew on your last nerve). This picture is from the walk back to the ship from the beach.

Back on the ship we sail around the coast and this is where it takes your breath away. This is where they filmed Jurassic Park, Six Days Seven Nights and a couple others I can't remember.










The scenery starts like mountains coming out of the mist. The mist is from the waves crashing into the rocky shore. There are several small waterfalls created by this as well.







I believe you can only see these from either a ship or a helicopter ride. Although we did see a couple of motorized hang gliders buzz the ship. (That's when Ed came out and asked why we were under attack).

There really is no way to explain this, so I'll just post a bunch of pictures.



All pictures posted on this blog are copyrighted by DJBeads.com



No comments: